Alison qualified at Guy's Hospital, London.
She worked in NHS teaching hospitals in London gaining experience treating neurological,
surgical, orthopaedic and respiratory conditions.
In the mid 1980s she moved abroad working in Africa, Yemen, Italy and
Nicaragua. Alison is an experienced physiotherapist with particular expertise
in the assessment and treatment of people with congenital, acquired, and
traumatic neurological injuries. Alison has established and managed
multidisciplinary rehabilitation services in the UK and overseas.
Alison currently provides physiotherapy for adults and children
with Spinal Cord and Head Injuries.
She trains assistants and promotes client independence. She provides Expert Witness Reports for
patients with Spinal Cord and Head Injuries.
Alison is registered to practice through the
Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and is a member of the:
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
- Organisation of Physiotherapists in Private
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in
- Medico Legal Association of Chartered
- Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
- Multidisciplinary Association of Spinal Cord
Injury Professionals (MASCIP)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (MS)
- International Society for Prosthetics and